2019 Undergraduate International Program in Economics
Undergraduate International Program in Economics (UIPE) aims to nurture future leaders who will make an impact on the world. They will be empowered with state-of-the-art knowledge about the world, charismatic leadership and global competitiveness in a diverse and multi-cultural environment in four years.
UIPE provides students with a curriculum based on liberal-art education and a gradually increasing depth in understanding Economics. All students in this program are encouraged to study abroad for at least one semester during the 4-year study. For students planning to go to industry or international organizations after graduation, internships abroad during summer or winter vacations in senior academic year are encouraged; for the students planning further studies, rigorous education in Math and economic theory at advanced level will be offered.
UIPE requires the completion of no less than 136 credits, including no less than 30 credits of General Education Curriculum, 68 credits of Major Curriculum in economics and 38 credits of elective courses. The General Education curriculum is designed with a wide breadth of language, communication, politics, history, social science, literature, philosophy, science, arts, ecology and technology and etc. The Economics Major Curriculum is composed of economic courses with an increasing depth as the study carries on and taught in English. Students must pay close attention to the prerequisites for each course.
Curriculum (for reference only)
General Courses I
China: A General Survey
Advanced Chinese for Foreign Students
General Courses II
Economic Mathematics (I, II)
Principles of Microeconomics
Principles of Macroeconomics
Mid-term Report / Internship
Dissertation Writing in Economics
New Political Economics in China
China and Globalization
Program Duration: 4 years
Students per Cohort: 60 (20 International students, 40 Chinese students)
Application Requirements for International Students:
1. High school graduate or above, qualified for university entrance, medically sound foreigners.
2. According to the regulations released by Ministry of Education, China, emigrants from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan applying as international students must have obtained their current foreign citizenship before April 30, 2015. In addition, the applicant must have lived abroad for at least 2 years during the period between April 30, 2015 and April 30, 2019.
Application Period: From November 9, 2018 to December 16, 2018.
Application Fee: 800 RMB (online payment, non-refundable)
Step 1. Online Application
Apply online at http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn. Please finish the online application procedure (choose self-support and UIPE), upload the scanned copies of required documents and pay the application fee during the aforementioned application period. After submission, please check the online application system and your email frequently.
Step 2. Submission of Paper Application Documents
After the online application is confirmed by the university, please send the following required application documents:
1. Application Form in PDF with the applicant’s photo and signature. The photo should be a 35mm*49mm-sized photo with white background.
2. Photocopy of valid passport identification page. Passport must be an ordinary one and the expiry date should be after September 30, 2019. Applicants currently residing in China must include a copy of the page containing a valid visa or residence permit.
3. Diploma of highest degree conferred or proof of impending graduation (for applicants in their final year of study) (Original or notarized copy, with notarized Chinese or English translation, if original one is not in Chinese or English)
4. Transcripts of highest degree conferred (original or notarized copy, with notarized Chinese or English translation, if original one is not in Chinese or English)
5. Certified copy of TOEFL (IBT) score of 90 or above or IELTS (Academic) score 6.5 or above, taken within two years prior to application date (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries), students from high school with major courses taught in English can be waivered of TOELF or IELTS requirements.
6. Personal statement, no more than 1500 words in English, including but not limited to motivation for application and details on academic skills, community activities, awards received, personal strengths, study plan, and life goals.
7. Two letters of recommendation in English from whom can attest to the quality of the applicant’s academic performance and scholastic potential. The letters must include referees’ phone number and email address.
8. Applicants who are under 18 years old by September 1, 2019, must submit a Guarantee Statement, which can be downloaded from the website: http://iso.fudan.edu.cn/ziliao.htm. The guarantor should be an adult, living in Shanghai with a stable source of income.
9. Emigrants from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan must submit proof of naturalization and copy of entry and exit stamps on passports from the past four years or evidence of residing abroad for at least two of the last four years*.
10. Emigrants who are not from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan, but have spent two or more of the last four years* in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan as a resident or student, must submit evidence of being foreign citizens at birth, as well as all the copies of visa or residence permit during the stay in China.
*“Last four years” is defined as the time period between April 30, 2015 and April 30, 2019.
* Holders of SAT/IB/GCE A-Level/ACT must meet the minimum requirement as following:
⑴ SAT：Total score≥1220；
⑵ SATⅡ：Maths II≥650
IB Diploma is required, with 3 HL courses and 3 SL courses； Maths HL is a must, with total score≥32
Minimum 3 A-Level courses，with Maths≥B;
The other 2 courses should be relevant to the major of Economics, with C or above
*Applicants may send additional documents which may demonstrate their comprehensive abilities along with the required documents, for example, award certificates, published essays, admission notices from other universities, etc.
* Additional application documents may be required when necessary.
*Application documents will not be returned.
★The paper application documents may be submitted in person or by others on behalf of the applicant, or submitted by express mail to International Programs Office, School of Economics, Room 408, 600 Guoquan Road, Shanghai 200433, P. R. China (Tel: 86-21-55664509)
★Application documents must be received by December 23, 2018, or it will be considered as a withdrawal of application.
1）Date: March 30, 2019
After examining the applicants’ documents, the university will inform the qualified applicants of the exact time for interview. Applicants living in Shanghai will have a face-to-face interview at Fudan University, while other applicants will be interviewed online or by our alumni resided in the respective applicant’s country on behalf of Fudan University.
2）Interview Admission Ticket
On March 28 and 29, 2019, applicants can print an Interview Admission Ticket on http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn. This ticket and passport are required to be presented for interview.
Applicants who are being interviewed in person must enter Mainland China with valid passports and visa, or the eligibility for interview will be forfeited.
Qualified students will be selected according to the results based on interview and application documents.
Pre-admission results will be published on the International Student Office website in mid of April 2019, and a certain amount of tuition fee need to be paid in advance.
The formal admission notices will be sent in June.
Time of Enrollment: September 2019 (for specific times, please refer to Admission Notice)
Tuition: 54600 RMB/Year (exact amount of tuition fee will be published on the website of Financial Department upon enrollment, http://cwc.fudan.edu.cn)
Means of Oversight
1. The undergraduate admission process shall be open, the selection process shall be fair, and admissions results made public.
2. Department of Supervision for Admissions
Tel: +86-21-65642601 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Inquiries about application eligibility and process
Admission Division, International Students Office, Fudan University
No.220, Handan Road, Shanghai 200433
Tel: +86-21-65642258 Fax: +86-21- 65117298
E-mail: email@example.com Website: http://iso.fudan.edu.cn
2. Inquiries about academic eligibility, curriculum, and assessment methods
International Programs Office, School of Economics, Fudan University
Room 408, 600 Guoquan Road, Shanghai 200433, P. R. China
Tel: +86-21-55664509 Fax: +86-21-55664890
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.econ.fudan.edu.cn/
The information above is subject to change and may be updated at any time. Please regularly check the website of International Students Office.The final explanation by International Students Office of Fudan University shall prevail.