1. If you study period is less than half a year and the validity of your X2 visa is shorter than your study period here, you can apply to extend its validity to cover your study period.  

2. Documents needed for X2 visa extension (For reference only):

(1) Valid, regular passport

(2) Admission Notice

(3) Visa Application Form (JW202 Form or JW201 Form)

(4) Registration Form of Temporary Residence (Please read Appendix)

(5) Introduction Letter for Visa (processed at ISO office temporarily located in International Students Dormitory at the beginning of the semester or Room 106 of ISO during the semester. Also, read Appendix)

(6) One passport-sized photo

(7) The fee for X2 visa extension & extra entry (please take it to Shanghai Exit-Entry Administration Bureau as the standard)


1Registration Form of Temporary Residence (on campus)

2Registration Form of Temporary Residence (off-campus)

3. Introduction Letter for Visa